In an interview with members of media after attending the birthday celebration of Oriental Mindoro Governor Alfonso Umali, Jr., the President said he would officially announce that his administration is pushing to implement the fourth installment of the Salary Standardization Law 3.
Salary standardization is a government program aimed at providing government workers with salaries and wages commensurate to their job description and performance that will make it at par with world standards.
“We are authorized already by a particular law (to implement) SSL 3. So ang question (na) lang dito is kung kakayanin bang i-advance ‘yung next tranche which is the fourth tranche of the increase,” the President said.
“So makukumpleto na po ‘yung SSL 3. Perhaps, one month earlier than originally planned,” he added.
The President added that he would be meeting with labor leaders and stakeholders on May 1 to discuss ways and means to improve employee-employer labor relations.
“Yes, there’s a dialogue. We’ve prepared for it …and will be fine-tuning the questions and answers and their recommendations,” the President said.
We know that government workers are excited on the announcement and do expect a salary increase. The question now is, how much?
Incoming search terms:
- salary increase for government employees for 2012 (philippines) (22)
- salary standardization law fourth tranche table (17)
- afp salary increase 2012 (16)
- salary increase for government employees for 2012 (15)
- government employee salary increase 2012 (14)
- 2012 salary increase for government employees (12)
- wage increase june 2012 (10)
- june 2012 4th tranch of salary of government employees in the philippines (1)
- fourth tranche of salary increase of government employees (1)
- 4th tranche salary standardization table for LGU (1)